Honey-garlic chicken has been done before. In fact, we’ve long ago created our very own slow cooker honey-garlic chicken and vegetables recipe. But we don’t always have 6 hours on our hands to cook dinner, nor is asparagus always in season. For those reasons, we have cooked up a new plan for when dinner must be ready in an hour, and not a moment longer. This recipe also skips the coconut aminos and the homemade ketchup, at the same time it favors broccoli and cherry tomatoes with plenty of spices.
There is no right or wrong way to cook, there are only preferences. Read recipes, study, cook, eat, repeat and gain confidence in choosing your own way. Just don’t forget the honey! It only takes a couple of tablespoons to bring a slightly irresistible sweetness to the table. There are so many kinds of honey and they all taste different – you may be wondering which one to choose? The simple answer is: the one you like best. Alfalfa honey has a light, more neutral sweet taste, while buckwheat honey is earthier, heartier and darker in color. Then there is clover honey, and a more fragrant linden honey, and orange blossom honey…
Measure just 2 tablespoons of the sweet stuff and move onto the rest of the ingredients before you start dreaming of Paleo baklava. Yes, there are amazingly delicious recipes for that – don’t say we didn’t warn you!
Honey Garlic Chicken And Vegetables Recipe
Protein: 40g / %
Carbs: 27g / %
Fat: 17g / %
Values are per portion. These are for information only & are not meant to be exact calculations.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 russet or sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 tbsp. ghee, melted
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Fresh parsley, minced (for garnishing)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, ghee, honey, Dijon mustard, garlic, oregano, and basil; then season to taste.
- Place the chicken on a sheet pan and arrange the potatoes and vegetables around the chicken.
- Pour the olive oil and herb mixture over all ingredients and toss to mix.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve the chicken topped with fresh parsley.